Friday 3 December 2010

The Winter Wonderland Workout

Crazy Phoenix Pro fitness coach Scott Marsh was stuck at home yesterday, but that didn't stop him from working out, and it shouldn't stop you either!

Behold,The Winter Wonderland Workout....

Snow is falling all around us....children playing having fun....

Now who said it is only the kids that can enjoy the snow? There they are on their little sledges, dustbin lids and bin bags, gliding down hills and relishing the day off school... at least they were in my day.
The ‘kids of now’ however seem to be getting more advanced with their snow play. I had to have a double take earlier, but a kid went by on a snowboard....I kid you not! All we need now is some ski-doos and some chairlifts and we will have our very own Surrey ski resort!

Photobucket

In my day...kids made snowmen...

The snow is great fun for kids, but for adults the snow is more of a drag...
As the snow deepens as do the stress inducing questions of, ‘how do I get to work?’, ‘what do I do with the kids?’, ‘how can I feed my family with just one broccoli left in the house?’ and last and most important ‘how can I stick to my designated workout schedule in times when I can’t even move the car?’

Well my friends, even though I am not in a position to explain to your boss why you are not at work, entertain your kids on their snow days or feed your family a gourmet meal, you will be pleased to know that I do have a strategy to keep your weight loss adventures on track!

Walking In A Winter Wonderland...

So with your goal of looking slender in time for Xmas still at the front of your mind, prepare yourself for the cold.

Adorn your winter attire! Ski suits, moon boots, fur coats, ear muffs and goggles are all permitted!

Photobucket

Anything goes...but this may not be suitable...

Now, follow my simple routine, which will have you constructively using your time, raising your metabolism for the rest of the day, and allowing you to keep up your gym efforts, without the gym or your trainer.
All you need is a garden, a spade, a stopwatch and two chairs!

The workout is as follows:

Exercise Duration Reps
Snowmen 30s 3 Times Around
Snow Jumps 30s
1 Minute Rest
Snow-Pees 30s 3 Times Around
Snowman Builders 30s
1 Minute Rest
Isometric Spade Row Hold 30s 3 Times Around
Spade Rows 30s

No Workout is complete without a good finisher, and my winter wonderland workout is no exception!

‘The Yeti’

Tabata: 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest

8 Rounds in Total

Alternate ‘Snow Shovelling’ with ‘Shovel Slams’



Get out there and do it now! Do it on your own, do it with friends or do it with your family! Make them earn that last broccoli that is left in the fridge!

Photobucket

Earn your broccoli!

Let us know how you get on!

Scott Marsh

1 comment:

  1. Fab Scott! I laughed all the way through it :-)

    ReplyDelete