Wednesday 16 March 2011

I had a dream....

I had a dream...

My lovely office manager Sarah managed to spill coffee all over her keyboard this morning, which meant that on her list of to dos for this afternoon was to purchase a replacement!

A suitable one was found, and in the box came a note. Now, it had never even occurred to me that the boxes things like keyboards are packaged in are actually made by someone, and constitute someone's livelihood (it's obvious, but I'd never consciously thought of it before). But today was different. Inside the box was a note, which read:

I had a dream

Some time ago I had a dream in my sleep
I dreamt that I was shipping millions of boxes around the world
(which is exactly what my company Sweex is doing).
And inspite of useful products in them,
I experienced an empty feeling in myself.
I sat with the dream for a while and pondered over it.
Then I realised - I needed to fill the boxes with my wish for you.

Here is the content:

"Dear Receiver of the box, from the bottom of my heart I wish you a life full of happiness, peace and wellbeing."

Now the boxes are full.

Leon

Founder and Owner of Sweex



It just goes to show that no matter what industry you're in, or however impersonal or far removed your product or service is, it is possible to lift people's spirits and make a difference. I received some really sad news this afternoon, and this tiny piece of paper brought a smile to my face and made me think 'Wow'.

Let us not forget how small gestures can make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment